The Tuneage Repository

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 7:04 pm

You can do it Chrys ... One measure at a time.  yeahnod 

I played the Sonata Pathetic once upon a time long, long ago in a recital.
I will admit, though, not quite as well as Ashkenazi.  giggle 

Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Chrys on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 7:10 pm

Aquarius wrote:You can do it Chrys ... One measure at a time.   yeahnod 

I played the Sonata Pathetic once upon a time long, long ago in a recital.  
I will admit, though, not quite as well as Ashkenazi.   giggle 


Thanks for the encouragement, Aquarius...  cheer 
I like Vladimir Horowitz' interpretation equally well, but could only find bits and pieces.

My last piano recital was some 30+ years ago now, but I still like to think I can teach myself to master this one.


Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Chrys on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 7:16 pm

I grew up going to church...even played hymns on the piano Sunday mornings. I have many favorite "church" songs, but to me, those don't necessarily equate to "spiritual songs".

Here's one for me that does.

RIP, Pete Seeger
 flowers 


_________________
"The sky is filled with good and bad that mortals never know."
~ Robert Plant

"Go then.  There are other worlds than these."
~Jake Chambers to Roland Deschain, The Gunslinger
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 7:21 pm



Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 7:35 pm

I like to listen to Stravinsky on cold, rainy days.  It is cold and rainy today, so ...



 flowers
Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 9:51 pm

Here is just "The Prince and the Princess" from Scheherazade. One of my favorite pieces.



Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 9:57 pm

Chrysalis wrote:
Aquarius wrote:You can do it Chrys ... One measure at a time.   yeahnod 

I played the Sonata Pathetic once upon a time long, long ago in a recital.  
I will admit, though, not quite as well as Ashkenazi.   giggle 


Thanks for the encouragement, Aquarius...  cheer 
I like Vladimir Horowitz' interpretation equally well, but could only find bits and pieces.

My last piano recital was some 30+ years ago now, but I still like to think I can teach myself to master this one.



Wow, your experience with recitals is quite recent compared to my own.  I just did the math ... I don't think I'll tell.   giggle

I still get back at it now and then. My Mt. Everest is Claire de Lune. I started memorizing it a few years back, then after a family tragedy I sorta lost my music.

"Maybe tomorrow." sigh.

Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 10:15 pm

Chrysalis wrote:I grew up going to church...even played hymns on the piano Sunday mornings.  I have many favorite "church" songs, but to me, those don't necessarily equate to "spiritual songs".

Here's one for me that does.

RIP, Pete Seeger
 flowers 


It seems you and I have much in common, Chrys. I played hymns for Sunday School, and once in awhile when the Church pianist was unavailable, I had to fill in for her. It was scary, as I was only 10 or 12 at the time !!! Maybe even younger. It's been so long I don't remember. (I started piano lessons at age 5.)

I thought about what to name this thread. "Religious" didn't quite work, as I was thinking any spiritual music ... anything that evoked a spiritual feeling. I plan to post some Solfeggio Tones here, and also Chants. I think your Pete Seeger selection works very well here!

 flowers 

Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Chrys on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 10:27 pm

Aquarius wrote:
Chrysalis wrote:I grew up going to church...even played hymns on the piano Sunday mornings.  I have many favorite "church" songs, but to me, those don't necessarily equate to "spiritual songs".

Here's one for me that does.

RIP, Pete Seeger
 flowers 


It seems you and I have much in common, Chrys.  I played hymns for Sunday School, and once in awhile when the Church pianist was unavailable, I had to fill in for her.  It was scary, as I was only 10 or 12 at the time !!! Maybe even younger.  It's been so long I don't remember.  (I started piano lessons at age 5.)

I thought about what to name this thread.  "Religious" didn't quite work, as I was thinking any spiritual music ... anything that evoked a spiritual feeling.  I plan to post some Solfeggio Tones here, and also Chants.  I think your Pete Seeger selection works very well here!

 flowers 


Here's one of my all time favorites...
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Tom Boy on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 5:42 am

Aquarius wrote:
Chrysalis wrote:Clicked the YouTube button for ya!



Love love love PP&M.  I like to sing Mary's harmonies...


Oh, I do too, Chrysalis!  I cried when Mary died.  I think it's the only time I have ever cried when an actor or performer has died.  
So many memories with PP&M!  They were popular when I was in my twenties ... I even saw them perform when they were at Oregon State College back in ... hmm ... about 1964, I think.  My kids grew up listening to their music.  

I actually do sing along with Mary at times (although never when anyone can hear me, lol) ... Her voice is the same range as my own, and I have most of their songs memorized.  I think I have every album they ever produced.  My oldest son transferred all that to CD's for me a few years ago.  

 yeah 

Fully intended to post Early Mornin' Rain here this mornin'... Already done!  hugs 

Hope your birthday was fabulous, Aquarius!

 band 
Tom Boy
Tom Boy

Posts : 30
Join date : 2014-02-11
Location : Sea of Grass

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Tom Boy on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 5:44 am

Crikey!  Recitals!  



Top O' My List!  To listen and to play!  

 hugs to all you players yous!  

:BK:


Last edited by Tom Boy on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Tom Boy
Tom Boy

Posts : 30
Join date : 2014-02-11
Location : Sea of Grass

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Tom Boy on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 5:49 am

Thank you so much for the Classical Thread, Aquairus!



The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Meadow
Tom Boy
Tom Boy

Posts : 30
Join date : 2014-02-11
Location : Sea of Grass

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:07 am

Tommy, thanks for those beautiful selections you posted!  :BK: 
In the midst of listening to monks' chanting on my cd at the moment, but will listen to those later today.

And Tchaikovsky ! You beat me to it.  giggle 

 flowers 
Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:16 am

Elvis!  cheer  I do so love to hear Elvis singing gospel !

Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:21 am

Tom Boy wrote:

 yeah 

Fully intended to post Early Mornin' Rain here this mornin'...  Already done!   hugs 

Hope your birthday was fabulous, Aquarius!

 band 


It was indeed quite fabulous, Tommy, and thanks for asking.  :BK: 
Kids and grandkids and dinner out ... What more can an ol' gramma ask for.

Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 12:07 pm

I hope this is not politically incorrect, but it truly is beautiful. (imo)



 peek 
Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aces on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 4:48 pm

My first exposure to Opera as a youth , were some records I found in my parents collection of this fella...




I am particularly fond of his Christmas music....
Aces
Aces
Admin

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : Midwest

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Chrys on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 7:19 pm

Aquarius wrote:I hope this is not politically incorrect, but it truly is beautiful. (imo)



 peek 

Very nice!

Btw, what is this "politically incorrect" of which you speak?

 giggle 
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Chrys on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 7:23 pm

One for my beautiful City by the Bay.
 flowers 

_________________
"The sky is filled with good and bad that mortals never know."
~ Robert Plant

"Go then.  There are other worlds than these."
~Jake Chambers to Roland Deschain, The Gunslinger
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Chrys on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 7:34 pm

Aquarius wrote:
Tom Boy wrote:

 yeah 

Fully intended to post Early Mornin' Rain here this mornin'...  Already done!   hugs 

Hope your birthday was fabulous, Aquarius!

 band 


It was indeed quite fabulous, Tommy, and thanks for asking.   :BK: 
Kids and grandkids and dinner out ... What more can an ol' gramma ask for.  


Happy Belated Birthday, Aquarius!
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:41 pm

Chrysalis wrote:

Happy Belated Birthday, Aquarius!  


Thank you, Chrys!  :BK: 
Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:43 pm

Chrysalis wrote:
Aquarius wrote:I hope this is not politically incorrect, but it truly is beautiful. (imo)



 peek 

Very nice!

Btw, what is this "politically incorrect" of which you speak?

 giggle 

LOL ... I know there are some (who shall remain unnamed) who refused to watch the Olympics because of it's venue ... Thus I was not sure ...   giggle


PS: I remember San Francisco from the late 50's. What a beautiful, cosmopolitan and sophisticated city it was then!
One did not go "into the City" without hat and gloves! I weep for what has been lost there.  crying 

Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:00 pm

Oh my goodness, Aces, I was totally in love with Mario Lanza from about age 10 on. I had one of his albums which I probably drove everyone nuts with, as I turned the volume up to LOUD and listened to it over and over again.







 🇭🇹 



Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:16 pm





 flowers 

Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Aquarius on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:21 pm



Aquarius
Aquarius

Posts : 161
Join date : 2014-02-13
Location : Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

The Tuneage Repository  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Tuneage Repository

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Back to top


This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum