Luck of the Draw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music...any kind...let’s go!

+3
Dr. Who
Aces
BlueStrat
7 posters
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Music...any kind...let’s go! - Page 34 Empty Re: Music...any kind...let’s go!

Post by BlueStrat Mon 02 Apr 2018, 4:59 am

BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Mon 02 Apr 2018, 5:00 am

BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Mon 02 Apr 2018, 5:01 am

BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Mon 02 Apr 2018, 5:03 am

BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Mon 02 Apr 2018, 5:04 am

BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Mon 02 Apr 2018, 5:05 am

BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Mon 02 Apr 2018, 5:06 am

BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Mon 02 Apr 2018, 5:07 am

BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Mon 02 Apr 2018, 5:10 am

BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Mon 02 Apr 2018, 5:12 am

BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Mon 02 Apr 2018, 6:23 am

Aces wrote:This day in music.

1966, The Troggs recorded 'Wild Thing' at Regent Sound Studio in London. The song went on to be a No.1 US and No.2 UK hit in June the following year. The track was recorded in one complete take (take two).

1985, David Lee Roth quit Van Halen shortly after releasing his version of The Beach Boys 'California Girls', (which featured Carl Wilson on background vocals). He was replaced by Sammy Hagar later in the year.

1989, The Bangles went to No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Eternal Flame', also a No.1 in the UK and the biggest selling single of 1989 in Australia.

2008, Alan Jackson was at #1 on the Country singles chart with "Small Town Southern Man", the lead single from his album Good Time and becoming Jackson's twenty-third #1 hit.

Born on this day.

1921, Born on this day in Clinton, South Carolina was Country guitarist Arthur Smith, best known for the theme tune from the 1972 film Deliverance, He was one of the most influential guitar-players in country and early rock 'n' roll. He found fame with his 1948 single "Guitar Boogie" and enjoyed other hits including "Feudin' Banjos" in 1955. When the Warner Bros film studio used a cover version and renamed it "Dueling Banjos" for Deliverance, he sued them and won substantial royalties. He died at his home from natural causes at the age of 93 just 2 days after his 93rd birthday.

1939, Born on this day, Rudolph Isley, from American group The Isley Brothers who first came to prominence in 1959 with their fourth single, 'Shout', and then the 1962 hit 'Twist and Shout. The Isley Brothers also scored the hits 'This Old Heart Of Mine', 'Summer Breeze' and 'Harvest for the World'. Sixteen of their albums charted in the Top 40.

1942, Born on this day, Phil Margo, from American male doo-wop-style vocal group The Tokens who had the 1961 US No.1 & UK No.11 single with its cover of Solomon Linda's 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight'.

1947, Born on this day, English singer Robin Scott who as founder of a music project he called M scored the 1979 US No.1 & UK No.2 single 'Pop Muzik' from the debut album New York, London, Paris, Munich.

1954, Born on this day, American drummer, songwriter, and record producer Jeff Porcaro, best known for his work with Toto. Porcaro is one of the most recorded session musicians in history - he came to prominence in the United States as the drummer on the Steely Dan album Katy Lied. He also worked with Paul McCartney, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Michael Jackson, Joe Walsh, Miles Davis, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John and many other acts.

1980, Born on this day in Tifton, Georgia, was Kip Moore, singer-songwriter, who scored the 2012 #1 Country single "Somethin' 'Bout a Truck", which was taken from his debut album Up All Night.

More here
And here

morecoffee morecoffee

Does anybody even read this every day  giggle

I do cuppa Maybe not word for word, but skim...yes and read the interesting bits, and reminders of some great songs cheer

...and some not so great, but are good for strolls down memory lane...

A post from a couple of weeks ago reminded me I need to apologize to my oldest daughter. When I was pregnant with her, my little baby sister was going through her first achy breaky crush and I accompanied her to the concert. giggle

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Tue 03 Apr 2018, 2:41 am

For Lyra giggle cheers

This day in music.

1961, The Marcels started a three week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with the Rodgers and Heart song 'Blue Moon', also a No.1 in the UK.

1971, The Temptations scored their second US No.1 with 'Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)'.

1971, Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty were at #1 on the US country singles chart with “After the Fire Is Gone".

1981, Hank Williams Jr. was at #1 on the US country singles chart with "Texas Women", his third #1 on the country chart.

1991, Clint Black was at #1 on the US country singles chart with "Loving Blind" the second single from his album Put Yourself in My Shoes.

Born on this day.

1924, Born on this day, American actress, singer, and animal welfare activist Doris Day.

1928, Born on this day in Shelby, North Carolina, was Don Gibson, songwriter and country musician who was nicknamed 'The Sad Poet' penned such country standards as "Sweet Dreams", “Oh Lonesome Me" and "I Can't Stop Loving You".

1941, Born on this day, Jan Berry, who with Jan and Dean, had the 1963 US No.1 & UK No.26 single 'Surf City', co-written by The Beach Boys, Brian Wilson).

1944, Born on this day, Tony Orlando, singer from American pop music group Dawn who were popular in the 1970s. Their signature hits include 'Candida', 'Knock Three Times', and 'Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree'

1951, Born on this day, Mel Schacher, best known as the bassist for Grand Funk Railroad who had the US No.1 single with their version of 'The Loco-Motion' which was produced by Todd Rundgren.

1962, Born on this day, Mike Ness, American guitarist, vocalist, and chief songwriter for the punk rock band Social Distortion.

1968, Born on this day, Sebastian Bach, from American heavy metal band Skid Row.

More here
And here

cuppa

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Tue 03 Apr 2018, 3:22 pm

Aces wrote:For Lyra giggle cheers

This day in music.

Thanks giggle cheers

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who Tue 03 Apr 2018, 9:10 pm

Dr. Who
Dr. Who

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Wed 04 Apr 2018, 2:49 am

This day in music.

1953, The Stargazers were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Broken Wings.' The first record by any British group to reach No.1.

1970, Crosby Stills Nash & Young went to No.1 on the US album chart with Deja Vu. The first album which saw Neil Young joining Crosby, Stills and Nash featured three US Top 40 singles: 'Teach Your Children', 'Our House' and 'Woodstock'.

1977, Kenny Rogers was at #1 on the country charts with "Lucille".

1987, Starship started a two week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Nothin's Gonna Stop Us', taken from the film 'Mannequin', also a No.1 in the UK.

1996, Shania Twain was at #1 on the US country chart with The Woman in Me, her second studio album and her first with the majority of the songs co-written by her.

Born on this day.

1913, Born on this day, American blues musician Muddy Waters, In the early 1950s, Muddy Waters and his band recorded several blues classics, 'Hoochie Coochie Man', 'I'm Ready' and 'I Just Want to Make Love to You'.

1938, Born on this day in Scottsville, Kentucky, was Norro Wilson, country music singer, songwriter and producer. Wilson has written numerous hits including songs for Charlie Rich, Charley Pride, George Jones and Tammy Wynette, and has also produced artists, including Joe Stampley, Margo Smith, Sara Evans, Kenny Chesney and Shania Twain.

1948, Born on this day, Berry Oakley, bassist with , The Allman Brothers Band who released the classic album Eat a Peach in 1972 and had the 1973 US No.12 single 'Ramblin Man'.

1952, Born on this day, Dave Hill, guitarist with English rock band Slade who scored 17 consecutive top 20 hits and six No.1's on the UK Singles Chart becoming the most successful British group of the 1970s based on sales of singles.

Much more here
Little more here

morecoffee  morecoffee

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Lee Wed 04 Apr 2018, 3:39 pm

Jon Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Lee Wed 04 Apr 2018, 3:44 pm

Jon Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Lee Wed 04 Apr 2018, 3:55 pm

Jon Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Thu 05 Apr 2018, 2:44 am

This day in music.

1972, Freddie Hart and the Heartbeats were at #1 on the US Country chart with, "My Hang-Up Is You", Hart's second #1 on the US country singles chart. The single stayed at the top for six weeks and spent a total of eighteen weeks on the chart.

1975, Minnie Riperton went to No.1 on the US singles chart with the Stevie Wonder produced song 'Loving You' (a No.2 hit in the UK). It was the singers only US chart hit. Riperton died of cancer on 12th July 1979.

2000, Toby Keith was at #1 on the US chart with "How Do You Like Me Now?!", the second single released from the album How Do You Like Me Now?! The song spent five weeks at #1 on the Billboard US Hot Country Songs chart.

Born on this day.

1928, Born on this day, Tony Williams, from American vocal group The Platters who had the 1959 UK & US No.1 single 'Smoke Gets In Your Eyes'.

1931, Born on this day, was Jack Henderson Clement, (nicknamed 'Cowboy' Jack Clement). Clement worked with future stars such as Roy Orbison, Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash, but most importantly, he discovered and recorded Jerry Lee Lewis.

1939, Born on this day, Ronnie White, singer with The Miracles, who had the 1970 UK & US No.1 single with Smokey Robinson, 'The Tears Of A Clown'.

1942, Born on this day, Alan Clarke, singer with British pop/rock group The Hollies who have scored over 30 top 40 hits, including 'Just One Look', 'Bus Stop', 'Carrie Anne', and later 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' and 'The Air That I Breathe'.

1950, Born on this day, Swedish musician, singer, songwriter Agnetha Faltskog from ABBA. Their first UK hit was the 1974 No.1 'Waterloo', followed by eight other UK No.1 singles and 9 UK No.1 albums and they scored the 1977 US No.1 single 'Dancing Queen'.

1965, Born on this day, Mike McCready, guitarist, and one of the founding members of Pearl Jam who had the 1992 UK No.15 single Jeremy, the 1993 US No.1 and UK No.2 album Vs and the 1994 US No.1 and UK No.4 album Vitalogy. McCready also has the side project bands Temple of the Dog, Mad Season and The Rockfords.

Linky 1
Linky 2

cuppa

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Thu 05 Apr 2018, 6:28 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Thu 05 Apr 2018, 6:37 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Thu 05 Apr 2018, 7:05 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys Fri 06 Apr 2018, 4:39 pm

"Go then.  There are other worlds than these."
~Jake Chambers to Roland Deschain, The Gunslinger
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Fri 06 Apr 2018, 5:03 pm

drink cheers

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys Fri 06 Apr 2018, 5:19 pm

"Go then.  There are other worlds than these."
~Jake Chambers to Roland Deschain, The Gunslinger
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next