Luck of the Draw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Asylum Repository

+5
Arow900
Chrys
Dr. Who
Canabian
tiny
9 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The Asylum Repository - Page 21 Empty Boondocking with solar.....

Post by Aces Sat 18 Jul 2015, 6:25 pm

ttpcmas

Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Asylum Repository - Page 21 Empty Re: The Asylum Repository

Post by Chrys Sat 18 Jul 2015, 6:33 pm

Aces wrote:ttpcmas

Very cool...love the off the grid thing, but you know they'll find you anywhere... giggle

Seriously, I guess you would have to park and live in campsites, yeah? Unless you own your land. I do like the idea of mobility yeah
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Sat 18 Jul 2015, 7:13 pm

A slightly different perspective giggle

Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Asylum Repository - Page 21 Empty The Asylum Repository

Post by Aces Thu 23 Jul 2015, 4:39 pm

Merging some threads , nothing will be deleted.
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Asylum Repository - Page 21 Empty Jimi Hendrix UFO Story

Post by Dr. Who Sun 26 Jul 2015, 6:31 pm

Jimmy Hendrix: Starchild by Curtis Knight (Abelard Publications, Inc.
Wilmington, Delaware, 1992.) beginning page 30.

The truth is that Jimi was very much in tune with the cosmos. He spoke a great deal in private about UFO´s and the Space Brothers, superior beings whom he said played an important role in seeing that we didn´t destroy ourselves, and our planet right along with us….

On several occasions during his musical career UFO´s showed up while Jimi was on stage. I remember him telling me about the time he was in Maui to do the Rainbow Bridge movie and album, and one of the cameramen fell off his perch when a silvery disk appeared in the sky directly in back of the stage. A lot of fans observed the phenomena, and the local radio station received dozens of calls from witnesses who didn´t even know that Jimi was giving a concert on the island.

Jimi told me all about the episode. He said the craft had come down to put its spiritual stamp of approval on the show. He also said that he´d been emotionally and physically recharged by the experience, and he knew that they were around because they "dug on the music", and because he was telepathically linked to them.

Ironically enough as the saucer streaked across the sky, Jimi announced to the audience over the microphone, "There go my friends!" Little did they know how true his statement was meant to be, because the conversation with Jimi about the incident on Maui was to trigger recollections of a life-saving encounter with a being from another world that had involved both Hendrix and myself at the beginning of his musical career.

The event took place on a cold winter´s night near Woodstock, New York, in 1965, and if it hadn´t been for the occupants of this metallic craft, Jimi and I - as well as the rest of our band - would probably have frozen to death that night in upstate New York.

It was around 400 AM, and we were trying our best to get back to Manhattan, which is a drive of over 100 miles. We were driving on one of the worst blizzards I can recall. The winds were whipping the snow around our van so fiercely that we missed the turn off leading to the state highway that would have put us in the direction of the city.

The next thing I remember is getting stuck in a snow drift that reached the hood of our vehicle. Soon it got so cold that the windows and the locks on the doors froze up. The heater was on full blast to protect us from the rawness of the elements, but we were convinced that we would soon be turned into human icicles-hat´s how cold it was! In fact, we had to make a decision fast-either leave the van´s heater on and possibly die from carbon monoxide poison, or shut the heater off and freeze to death.

Suddenly, on the road in front of us appeared this bright phosphorescent, cone-shaped space capsule. It landed in the snow about 100 feet ahead, and remained there silently for a few minutes on tripod landing gear, for all purposes like a prop from a science fiction movie.

At first, we thought it was an apparition caused by the cold and our confused state of mind. I mean, we just couldn´t believe our eyes.  I prodded Jimi with my elbow and asked him out loud if this thing was just part of my imagination, or could he see it too?

As it turned out, Jimi didn´t answer, but he sort of just smiled. He seemed to be staring out into the night, his eyes riveted on the object resting within a stone´s throw.

At about this point, the other occupants of the van were unable to respond, as they were curled up beneath the blankets in the back. I tried to wake them, but they wouldn´t move. I was afraid that carbon monoxide, caused by the exhaust fumes and the rolled up windows, might be getting into their lungs…

Then a door opened on the side of the craft and an entity came forth. He stood eight feet tall, his skin was yellowish, and instead of eyes, the creature had slits. His forehead came to a point, and his head ran straight into his chest, leaving the impression that he had no neck.

The being from the UFO proceeded to float to the ground and glided toward the trapped occupants of our van. It was then that I noticed that the snow was melting in the wake of the creature.

It was as if its body were generating tremendous heat or energy, so much so that as it came across a small rise, the snow disappeared around us in all directions. In a matter of what seemed like seconds, the being came over to the right hand side of the van where Jimi was seated, and looked right through the window. Jimi seemed to be communicating telepathically with it - thanking this alien for saving our lives.

Immediately, the van started to heat up and suddenly we were roasting inside. One moment it had been bitter cold, and the next we might as well been in Haiti. The heat coming from this being evaporated the snow enough to free our imprisoned vehicle.

As it glided behind our truck, I saw that the snow drift had completely vanished. Turning the ignition key, I gunned the motor and we got the hell out of there. As I looked back through the rear view mirror, I could see the road filling with snow again. The object was at the same instant lifting off like a rocket from a launch pad.

As far as I was concerned, a miracle had transpired. Yet, Jimi never did talk about the incident. He sort of let me know at the time that the cool thing to do was not to bring up the subject. It was our little secret. However, from what he did say, I sort of suspect that the object arrived to save our necks chiefly because Jimi had been practicing trying to communicate with the beings on board. I know this may be hard to believe, but I´m putting it to you straight, just like it happened.

Several years after Jimi´s death - on the eve of the anniversary of his passing to be exact - I remember we were all excited about a warning that was broadcast over a British television station supposedly from a being orbiting above the Earth in a UFO.  The message came direct from Ashtar, Commander-in-Chief of the Federation of Planets. Actually, there were several warnings, each lasting for two or three minutes….

…Jimi once told a reporter he was from Mars, and I know he wasn´t kidding. In David Henderson´s best seller, The Life of Jimi Hendrix (Bantam), Jimi is quoted as having told the author: " There are other people in the solar system, you know, and they have the same feelings too, not necessarily bad feelings, but see, it upsets their way of living for instance - and they are a whole lot heavier than we are…And it´s no war games, because they all keep the same place. But like the
solar system is going through a change soon, and it´s going to affect the earth in about 30 years." cuppa

http://uforeview.tripod.com/hendrix.html
Dr. Who
Dr. Who

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Thu 30 Jul 2015, 4:56 pm

Dr. Who wrote:Jimmy Hendrix: Starchild by Curtis Knight (Abelard Publications, Inc.
Wilmington, Delaware, 1992.) beginning page 30.

The truth is that Jimi was very much in tune with the cosmos. He spoke a great deal in private about UFO´s and the Space Brothers, superior beings whom he said played an important role in seeing that we didn´t destroy ourselves, and our planet right along with us….

On several occasions during his musical career UFO´s showed up while Jimi was on stage. I remember him telling me about the time he was in Maui to do the Rainbow Bridge movie and album, and one of the cameramen fell off his perch when a silvery disk appeared in the sky directly in back of the stage. A lot of fans observed the phenomena, and the local radio station received dozens of calls from witnesses who didn´t even know that Jimi was giving a concert on the island.

Jimi told me all about the episode. He said the craft had come down to put its spiritual stamp of approval on the show. He also said that he´d been emotionally and physically recharged by the experience, and he knew that they were around because they "dug on the music", and because he was telepathically linked to them.

Ironically enough as the saucer streaked across the sky, Jimi announced to the audience over the microphone, "There go my friends!" Little did they know how true his statement was meant to be, because the conversation with Jimi about the incident on Maui was to trigger recollections of a life-saving encounter with a being from another world that had involved both Hendrix and myself at the beginning of his musical career.

The event took place on a cold winter´s night near Woodstock, New York, in 1965, and if it hadn´t been for the occupants of this metallic craft, Jimi and I - as well as the rest of our band - would probably have frozen to death that night in upstate New York.

It was around 400 AM, and we were trying our best to get back to Manhattan, which is a drive of over 100 miles. We were driving on one of the worst blizzards I can recall. The winds were whipping the snow around our van so fiercely that we missed the turn off leading to the state highway that would have put us in the direction of the city.

The next thing I remember is getting stuck in a snow drift that reached the hood of our vehicle. Soon it got so cold that the windows and the locks on the doors froze up. The heater was on full blast to protect us from the rawness of the elements, but we were convinced that we would soon be turned into human icicles-hat´s how cold it was! In fact, we had to make a decision fast-either leave the van´s heater on and possibly die from carbon monoxide poison, or shut the heater off and freeze to death.

Suddenly, on the road in front of us appeared this bright phosphorescent, cone-shaped space capsule. It landed in the snow about 100 feet ahead, and remained there silently for a few minutes on tripod landing gear, for all purposes like a prop from a science fiction movie.

At first, we thought it was an apparition caused by the cold and our confused state of mind. I mean, we just couldn´t believe our eyes.  I prodded Jimi with my elbow and asked him out loud if this thing was just part of my imagination, or could he see it too?

As it turned out, Jimi didn´t answer, but he sort of just smiled. He seemed to be staring out into the night, his eyes riveted on the object resting within a stone´s throw.

At about this point, the other occupants of the van were unable to respond, as they were curled up beneath the blankets in the back. I tried to wake them, but they wouldn´t move. I was afraid that carbon monoxide, caused by the exhaust fumes and the rolled up windows, might be getting into their lungs…

Then a door opened on the side of the craft and an entity came forth. He stood eight feet tall, his skin was yellowish, and instead of eyes, the creature had slits. His forehead came to a point, and his head ran straight into his chest, leaving the impression that he had no neck.

The being from the UFO proceeded to float to the ground and glided toward the trapped occupants of our van. It was then that I noticed that the snow was melting in the wake of the creature.

It was as if its body were generating tremendous heat or energy, so much so that as it came across a small rise, the snow disappeared around us in all directions. In a matter of what seemed like seconds, the being came over to the right hand side of the van where Jimi was seated, and looked right through the window. Jimi seemed to be communicating telepathically with it - thanking this alien for saving our lives.

Immediately, the van started to heat up and suddenly we were roasting inside. One moment it had been bitter cold, and the next we might as well been in Haiti. The heat coming from this being evaporated the snow enough to free our imprisoned vehicle.

As it glided behind our truck, I saw that the snow drift had completely vanished. Turning the ignition key, I gunned the motor and we got the hell out of there. As I looked back through the rear view mirror, I could see the road filling with snow again. The object was at the same instant lifting off like a rocket from a launch pad.

As far as I was concerned, a miracle had transpired. Yet, Jimi never did talk about the incident. He sort of let me know at the time that the cool thing to do was not to bring up the subject. It was our little secret. However, from what he did say, I sort of suspect that the object arrived to save our necks chiefly because Jimi had been practicing trying to communicate with the beings on board. I know this may be hard to believe, but I´m putting it to you straight, just like it happened.

Several years after Jimi´s death - on the eve of the anniversary of his passing to be exact - I remember we were all excited about a warning that was broadcast over a British television station supposedly from a being orbiting above the Earth in a UFO.  The message came direct from Ashtar, Commander-in-Chief of the Federation of Planets. Actually, there were several warnings, each lasting for two or three minutes….

…Jimi once told a reporter he was from Mars, and I know he wasn´t kidding. In David Henderson´s best seller, The Life of Jimi Hendrix (Bantam), Jimi is quoted as having told the author: " There are other people in the solar system, you know, and they have the same feelings too, not necessarily bad feelings, but see, it upsets their way of living for instance - and they are a whole lot heavier than we are…And it´s no war games, because they all keep the same place. But like the
solar system is going through a change soon, and it´s going to affect the earth in about 30 years."   cuppa

http://uforeview.tripod.com/hendrix.html

Very interesting read , thanks Doc. cheers
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who Thu 30 Jul 2015, 7:38 pm

His Third Stone From the Sun

15 people read this. cheers
Dr. Who
Dr. Who

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who Fri 31 Jul 2015, 4:49 pm

Met the Snake, Big Ben, at the car dealership. Dan Pastorini wrecked his 928 was it was in our body shop and the owner let him use his 928 and that came back on the hook too.

Big Ben, as be three of me.  cheers love that voice.
Dr. Who
Dr. Who

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who Fri 31 Jul 2015, 4:53 pm

Chrys wrote:Crazy shtuff going down... shtf I'm stocking up on toilet paper and booze.

Grandpa say Walmart has the best TP.
Dr. Who
Dr. Who

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who Fri 31 Jul 2015, 4:55 pm

Last week they started picking sparkling wine grapes about a month early. wine
Dr. Who
Dr. Who

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Fri 31 Jul 2015, 7:28 pm

The Asylum Repository - Page 21 L7Wnc
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who Fri 31 Jul 2015, 7:48 pm

drink
Dr. Who
Dr. Who

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys Thu 13 Aug 2015, 11:00 pm

Dr. Who wrote:
Chrys wrote:Crazy shtuff going down... shtf I'm stocking up on toilet paper and booze.

Grandpa say Walmart has the best TP.

giggle

Only the Walmarts that haven't been gutted because of plumbing problems.

wooo
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Asylum Repository - Page 21 Empty Some things to look up

Post by Dr. Who Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:54 pm

Operation Mocking Bird

**** Then
Edward Louis James Bernays (/bərˈneɪz/; German: [bɛɐ̯ˈnaɪs]; November 22, 1891 − March 9, 1995) was an Austrian-American pioneer in the field of public relations and propaganda, referred to in his obituary as "the father of public relations".[1] He combined the ideas of Gustave Le Bon and Wilfred Trotter on crowd psychology with the psychoanalytical ideas of his uncle, Sigmund Freud.

He felt this manipulation was necessary in society, which he regarded as irrational and dangerous as a result of the "herd instinct" that Trotter had described.[2] Adam Curtis's award-winning 2002 documentary for the BBC, The Century of the Self, pinpoints Bernays as the originator of modern public relations, and Bernays was named one of the 100 most influential Americans of the 20th century by Life magazine.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

Signed by
Jose giggle
Dr. Who
Dr. Who

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:14 pm

giggle

The Asylum Repository - Page 21 10429210_1192719867411605_8635201565676415420_n
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Sun 11 Oct 2015, 8:29 am

The Asylum Repository - Page 21 1890990_485761661528137_704198259_n
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Asylum Repository - Page 21 Empty Show us your Furbabies! =^.^=

Post by Chrys Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:41 am

Okay, peeps...the music thread got away from us a little bit by talking about our furry friends, so what do you say we have a thread dedicated to our fur babies?

Post pics and stories and anything else you want to share about your whiskerfaces.
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys Sat 20 Jan 2018, 5:05 pm

Awww...what a sweetheart Tali is! hugs
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Sat 20 Jan 2018, 5:13 pm

Friends my ass , they become a part of the family yeah
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys Sat 20 Jan 2018, 5:51 pm

Aces wrote:Friends my ass , they become a part of the family yeah

Indeed they do, A. We have four family members buried out back, their pics on the wall and memories in our hearts. yeah
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys Sat 20 Jan 2018, 5:53 pm

Chrys wrote:

Indeed they do, A.  We have four family members buried out back, their pics on the wall and memories in our hearts.  yeah

Y'all know I mean furbaby family members, right? I don't want any black suits knocking on my door... hide giggle anon
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Sat 20 Jan 2018, 5:56 pm

Chrys wrote:
Chrys wrote:

Indeed they do, A.  We have four family members buried out back, their pics on the wall and memories in our hearts.  yeah

Y'all know I mean furbaby family members, right?  I don't want any black suits knocking on my door... hide giggle anon

Beat me to it giggle
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys Sat 20 Jan 2018, 6:10 pm

BlueStrat wrote:
Chrys wrote:Awww...what a sweetheart Tali is!  hugs

Thanks Chrys  hugs

Yes she is. Very friendly too, but she has a great ability to sense good/bad people. And other dogs. She’ll go up to the good ones wagging her tail. But she’ll start growling if she senses any hostility. Unfortunately, or actually fortunately, she’s a sweet soul and not a fighter. I’ve had to defend her a few times...Luckily I know how to take care of aggressive dogs.   yeahnod

Dogs are like people...if they show aggression there is a reason for it. I trust dogs more than most people I meet. Whenever I pass someone walking a dog, I invariably say hello to the dog first, then remember it is polite to greet the human as well. giggle
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PuddyCat Mon 22 Jan 2018, 4:31 pm

BlueStrat wrote:Thanks Puddy, glad you’re back

cheers

I'm used to being in one spot too long, that will change. cheers

I have a ton of movies to add soon cuppa
PuddyCat
PuddyCat

Back to top Go down

The Asylum Repository - Page 21 Empty Music Fun Facts , Trivia and Stuff

Post by Aces Sun 04 Feb 2018, 8:32 am

Stuck at home recovering , so deal with it giggle Didn't want to clutter the music thread so here we go cuppa

Leo Fender, inventor of the Stratocaster and Telecaster, couldn't play the guitar. ttpcmas

Kiss's Gene Simmons can speak Hungarian. rockon

all of this first bunch from here
musicradar

please jump in if you see some interesting stuff cheers

Last edited by Aces on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content