Luck of the Draw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Asylum Repository

+5
Arow900
Chrys
Dr. Who
Canabian
tiny
9 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Empty Re: The Asylum Repository

Post by Aces Sat 10 Feb 2018, 1:24 pm

Chrys wrote:The story behind Geddy Lee's name...from a 1996 interview in Bass Frontiers magazine:
"My born name is Gary. My real name, now, is Geddy. Okay, it's like the same story of 'Leave it to Beaver'. (laughs). The story goes: my mother is Polish and she has a very thick accent. When I was about twelve years old, I had a friend who, whenever he heard my mother pronounce my name, he thought she was calling me, 'Geddy'. He started calling me 'Geddy', and eventually, all of my friends started calling me 'Geddy', and eventually my mother started to call me 'Geddy', for real. And eventually, I changed my name legally to 'Geddy', so that's the story and that's my name, Geddy."

Okay , that is funny giggle Never heard that one cheers
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys Sun 11 Feb 2018, 2:30 pm

Meet Sadie Lou...14 pounds of Maine Coon wonderfulness. flowers

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Sadie_16

"Go then.  There are other worlds than these."
~Jake Chambers to Roland Deschain, The Gunslinger
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Mon 12 Feb 2018, 4:21 am

The first commercial CD pressed in the United States was Bruce Springsteen’s Born in the U.S.A.

The iconic whistle in “(Sittin’ on) the Dock of the Bay” was improvised when Otis Redding forgot what he was supposed to sing during the outro.

Barry Manilow’s “I Write the Songs” was written by … someone else (on-again/off-again Beach Boy Bruce Johnston, to be exact).

Source
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Mon 12 Feb 2018, 4:24 am

Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven” was the most-requested 
radio song of the ’70s. Yet singer/
lyricist Robert Plant once pledged $1,000 to a public radio station that promised to never play it again. (“I’ve heard it before,” he later said.)
giggle

The dude in Aerosmith’s “Dude (Looks like a Lady)” is Mötley Crüe frontman Vince Neil, whose long blond locks Aerosmith mistook for 
a woman’s at a bar one night.

The chord that starts Jimi Hendrix’s “Purple Haze” is a tritone—known 
as the devil’s interval and banned from some Renaissance church 
music for sounding too evil. cheersrock

Source
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Mon 12 Feb 2018, 4:26 am

Aces wrote:The first commercial CD pressed in the United States was Bruce Springsteen’s Born in the U.S.A.

Source

Oh, the Irony giggle
BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Mon 12 Feb 2018, 4:27 am

Aces wrote:Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven” was the most-requested 
radio song of the ’70s. Yet singer/
lyricist Robert Plant once pledged $1,000 to a public radio station that promised to never play it again. (“I’ve heard it before,” he later said.)
giggle

The dude in Aerosmith’s “Dude (Looks like a Lady)” is Mötley Crüe frontman Vince Neil, whose long blond locks Aerosmith mistook for 
a woman’s at a bar one night.

The chord that starts Jimi Hendrix’s “Purple Haze” is a tritone—known 
as the devil’s interval and banned from some Renaissance church 
music for sounding too evil. cheersrock

Source

Lol, lol, and lol. lmao
BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Mon 12 Feb 2018, 5:29 am

rofl

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Pop-rock-metal-facts-19
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Mon 12 Feb 2018, 5:31 am

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Pop-rock-metal-facts-14
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Mon 12 Feb 2018, 5:32 am

yeah cheersrock

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Pop-rock-metal-facts-2
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Mon 12 Feb 2018, 5:34 am

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Pop-rock-metal-facts-23
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Mon 12 Feb 2018, 5:35 am

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Pop-rock-metal-facts-24

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Mon 12 Feb 2018, 5:36 am

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Pop-rock-metal-facts-30

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Mon 12 Feb 2018, 5:37 am

lmao

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Pop-rock-metal-facts-18

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Mon 12 Feb 2018, 5:37 am

Aces wrote:yeah cheersrock

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Pop-rock-metal-facts-2

Well, duh

lmao

BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Fri 16 Feb 2018, 5:43 am

The night of Jimi's first gig, Jeff Beck was coming out of the club and outside he ran into Eric Clapton and Pete Townshend. With a frightened expression he told them "I think we're in trouble here!". giggle

The solo in The Beatle's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is played by Clapton.

Pink Floyd's "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is dedicated to the band's former leader Syd Barret. Syd used to be the leader...until his schizophrenia and the LSD started to catch up with him, and he became rather insane. The band called David Gilmour, who had given Syd guitar lessons during high shool, and would cover for Syd during concerts, correcting his mistakes and filling in when he started playing along to a different tune. Syd eventually got more and more distanced of the band and David got to be the lead guitarist, but lots of the insanity themes they sing about is related to their former bandmate.

Malcom Young used to play the solos in AC/DC, until one day he told his brother "You do them...cuz they keep busy the hand I use for drinking!". rofl

source
Aces
Aces
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys Fri 16 Feb 2018, 6:41 pm

Aces wrote:rofl

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Pop-rock-metal-facts-19

lmao

"Go then.  There are other worlds than these."
~Jake Chambers to Roland Deschain, The Gunslinger
Chrys
Chrys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Thu 22 Feb 2018, 8:38 am

There is a metal band called Hatebeak whose lead singer is an African grey parrot.

blink

Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys is a gifted guitarist who is in a band with Alex Lifeson, founding guitarist of Rush. They are called Bubbles and the sh*t Rockers.Wiki

giggle

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Thu 22 Feb 2018, 8:54 am

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd members helped to fund the making of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. ttpcmas
Source

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Sun 25 Feb 2018, 5:59 am

Dr. Who wrote:Jimmy Hendrix: Starchild by Curtis Knight (Abelard Publications, Inc.
Wilmington, Delaware, 1992.) beginning page 30.

The truth is that Jimi was very much in tune with the cosmos. He spoke a great deal in private about UFO´s and the Space Brothers, superior beings whom he said played an important role in seeing that we didn´t destroy ourselves, and our planet right along with us….

On several occasions during his musical career UFO´s showed up while Jimi was on stage. I remember him telling me about the time he was in Maui to do the Rainbow Bridge movie and album, and one of the cameramen fell off his perch when a silvery disk appeared in the sky directly in back of the stage. A lot of fans observed the phenomena, and the local radio station received dozens of calls from witnesses who didn´t even know that Jimi was giving a concert on the island.

Jimi told me all about the episode. He said the craft had come down to put its spiritual stamp of approval on the show. He also said that he´d been emotionally and physically recharged by the experience, and he knew that they were around because they "dug on the music", and because he was telepathically linked to them.

Ironically enough as the saucer streaked across the sky, Jimi announced to the audience over the microphone, "There go my friends!" Little did they know how true his statement was meant to be, because the conversation with Jimi about the incident on Maui was to trigger recollections of a life-saving encounter with a being from another world that had involved both Hendrix and myself at the beginning of his musical career.

The event took place on a cold winter´s night near Woodstock, New York, in 1965, and if it hadn´t been for the occupants of this metallic craft, Jimi and I - as well as the rest of our band - would probably have frozen to death that night in upstate New York.

It was around 400 AM, and we were trying our best to get back to Manhattan, which is a drive of over 100 miles. We were driving on one of the worst blizzards I can recall. The winds were whipping the snow around our van so fiercely that we missed the turn off leading to the state highway that would have put us in the direction of the city.

The next thing I remember is getting stuck in a snow drift that reached the hood of our vehicle. Soon it got so cold that the windows and the locks on the doors froze up. The heater was on full blast to protect us from the rawness of the elements, but we were convinced that we would soon be turned into human icicles-hat´s how cold it was! In fact, we had to make a decision fast-either leave the van´s heater on and possibly die from carbon monoxide poison, or shut the heater off and freeze to death.

Suddenly, on the road in front of us appeared this bright phosphorescent, cone-shaped space capsule. It landed in the snow about 100 feet ahead, and remained there silently for a few minutes on tripod landing gear, for all purposes like a prop from a science fiction movie.

At first, we thought it was an apparition caused by the cold and our confused state of mind. I mean, we just couldn´t believe our eyes.  I prodded Jimi with my elbow and asked him out loud if this thing was just part of my imagination, or could he see it too?

As it turned out, Jimi didn´t answer, but he sort of just smiled. He seemed to be staring out into the night, his eyes riveted on the object resting within a stone´s throw.

At about this point, the other occupants of the van were unable to respond, as they were curled up beneath the blankets in the back. I tried to wake them, but they wouldn´t move. I was afraid that carbon monoxide, caused by the exhaust fumes and the rolled up windows, might be getting into their lungs…

Then a door opened on the side of the craft and an entity came forth. He stood eight feet tall, his skin was yellowish, and instead of eyes, the creature had slits. His forehead came to a point, and his head ran straight into his chest, leaving the impression that he had no neck.

The being from the UFO proceeded to float to the ground and glided toward the trapped occupants of our van. It was then that I noticed that the snow was melting in the wake of the creature.

It was as if its body were generating tremendous heat or energy, so much so that as it came across a small rise, the snow disappeared around us in all directions. In a matter of what seemed like seconds, the being came over to the right hand side of the van where Jimi was seated, and looked right through the window. Jimi seemed to be communicating telepathically with it - thanking this alien for saving our lives.

Immediately, the van started to heat up and suddenly we were roasting inside. One moment it had been bitter cold, and the next we might as well been in Haiti. The heat coming from this being evaporated the snow enough to free our imprisoned vehicle.

As it glided behind our truck, I saw that the snow drift had completely vanished. Turning the ignition key, I gunned the motor and we got the hell out of there. As I looked back through the rear view mirror, I could see the road filling with snow again. The object was at the same instant lifting off like a rocket from a launch pad.

As far as I was concerned, a miracle had transpired. Yet, Jimi never did talk about the incident. He sort of let me know at the time that the cool thing to do was not to bring up the subject. It was our little secret. However, from what he did say, I sort of suspect that the object arrived to save our necks chiefly because Jimi had been practicing trying to communicate with the beings on board. I know this may be hard to believe, but I´m putting it to you straight, just like it happened.

Several years after Jimi´s death - on the eve of the anniversary of his passing to be exact - I remember we were all excited about a warning that was broadcast over a British television station supposedly from a being orbiting above the Earth in a UFO.  The message came direct from Ashtar, Commander-in-Chief of the Federation of Planets. Actually, there were several warnings, each lasting for two or three minutes….

…Jimi once told a reporter he was from Mars, and I know he wasn´t kidding. In David Henderson´s best seller, The Life of Jimi Hendrix (Bantam), Jimi is quoted as having told the author: " There are other people in the solar system, you know, and they have the same feelings too, not necessarily bad feelings, but see, it upsets their way of living for instance - and they are a whole lot heavier than we are…And it´s no war games, because they all keep the same place. But like the
solar system is going through a change soon, and it´s going to affect the earth in about 30 years."   cuppa

http://uforeview.tripod.com/hendrix.html

WOW! My mind is blown.

Talk about synchronicity, I have never heard this story, yet I have a Jimi Hendrix avatar that a friend drew and gave to me.
This friend was much older than myself, the age of my father, I worked with his son and we became friends because he was compelling and interesting to be around.

He was into cars, had a beautiful 55 Chevy he restored himself, artistic, just always creating in some way. He had the coolest bar in his basement, well at least to my young 20's mind at the time. He would allow people over and you could sit at the bar and party and listen to music. With one rule. He didn't take requests. lmao I listened to a lot of Hendrix with him, but in honesty I could not tell you the names of the songs, etc. I just know I liked the music and I always associated Jimi with Dave.

Now for what constitutes the synchronicity...beyond what is obvious, on what draws people together and into certain situations.
I've been having a series of dreams and there is a musical component, so not completely off topic on a music forum, I hope.

And, it is connected to that song...no sugar tonight, and the pure happenstance that it was a vinyl recording (I know the focus is not vinyl, I get that and appreciate all the sentiment contained in Chrys' message) the reason being...yes, a dream from probably 4 years ago now) You see, I consider myself a contactee. When I was a stay at home mom, I decided I wanted to write something and I would meditate and pray on it, and certain things would be revealed to me via dreams, drawings and writing. And I met certain individuals in those dreams.

It has really taken me 10 years to come to terms with it all and unravel it. So this right here, and my ear clicking away is all the synchronicity I need. It seems the past months I've been waiting for something and now it feels like something has opened up.

Thanks!

This is one of those ...boom, my head just exploded and I haven't even finished a cup of coffee yet this morning I'm so excited. yeah

edit: sorry for personal detail, but it illustrates the synchronicity. I had not read this thread before this morning, at least not to the last page. I had started on page one, but this morning decided to skip to the last page.

His third stone from the sun song

listening right now...

honestly don't remember if I've heard it before

I don't thinks so, because I think I would remember this

Last edited by Lyra on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : because I spelled a name wrong)

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Sun 25 Feb 2018, 6:15 am

Aces wrote:The Asylum Repository - Page 23 L7Wnc

Love that gif

I can't figure out how to post a gif hide

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Raw

ah there, finally

I guess I didn't copy and paste correctly

Last edited by Lyra on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : see if I can post a gif)

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces Mon 26 Feb 2018, 2:34 am

Lyra wrote:

Love that gif

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Html5

Just right click on the gif you want to use , then click copy image location and then paste it in the insert image box the same way you did pics.

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Giphy

Hope that helps , it's kinda early yet giggle cuppa

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra Mon 26 Feb 2018, 6:34 am

Aces wrote:
Lyra wrote:

Love that gif

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 Html5

Just right click on the gif you want to use , then click copy image location and then paste it in the insert image box the same way you did pics.

Hope that helps , it's kinda early yet giggle cuppa

Thanks, it helped a lot
hide

The Asylum Repository - Page 23 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FmnyMpAyg1fB9C%2Fgiphy

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Wed 07 Mar 2018, 7:00 pm

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in the Canary Islands, off the coast of Morocco, summers mostly, throughout my life, because 2 aunts and 3 uncles, along with my cousins live there. And they’re all very familiar w ufos, as the Canaries are well known for sightings. I’ve seen hundreds myself in diff types, forms, movement. I’ve seen orange and white orbs both rising from and going into the ocean, miles out into the sea. I’ve seen them do crazy manoevers at what had to have been 1000s m/hr, and turning on a dime, from one end of the horizon to the other.

They’re so common there people don’t pay much heed. I also lived there for a while, on the top floor of a building w a large open balcony, with a full sky view spanning North to Southwest and my friends and I would sit there in the evenings drinking and watching them. We saw them every single night.

anon
BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Thu 08 Mar 2018, 3:06 pm

BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueStrat Sun 11 Mar 2018, 12:57 am

Aces wrote:Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd members helped to fund the making of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. ttpcmas
Source

Interesting cuppa

Last edited by BlueStrat on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
BlueStrat
BlueStrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next