The Screening Room

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Guest on Fri 16 Jan 2015, 11:08 pm

Chrys wrote:Zappa discusses music, marketing, and how music videos have compromised true artistry.  I really enjoyed this, thought I'd share.  

cheers 

Zappa was a true artist and intellectual. Two qualities I RESPECT in humans.

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Sat 17 Jan 2015, 11:09 am

Yesterday, hile recuperating from my cold, I watched 2 movies........one was.......confusing as all hell, and if ANYONE watche it, and gets it, let me know......I was lost through it......Inherent Vice, was the confusing one.....
The GOOD movie I saw, was John Wick.action packed, great movie, one of the better movies I have recently seen.......

awesome soundtrack, too..........

and, a Manson song from the movie , this song I really liked

and another tune from it.........

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Sat 17 Jan 2015, 1:54 pm

So, today I watched " Gone Girl "...a cool thriller, well worth seeing, not the best movie ever, but decent....

LOL.....one reviewer on a website said" DON'T let your woman watch this movie........he was right........ giggle

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 7:01 am

tiny wrote:So, today I watched " Gone Girl "...a cool thriller, well worth seeing, not the best movie ever, but decent....

LOL.....one reviewer on a website said" DON'T let your woman watch this movie........he was right........ giggle

Watched this last night , good movie . That's all I can say without giving any spoilers. giggle
Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 7:27 pm

Aces wrote:
tiny wrote:So, today I watched " Gone Girl "...a cool thriller, well worth seeing, not the best movie ever, but decent....

Watched this last night , good movie . That's all I can say without giving any spoilers. giggle

OH.cool, glad that you watched it, yeah......you cant say much, without spoilin'

I liked it too.........and The Hobbitt #3....that was a real good movie, imo, too
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 7:46 pm

tiny wrote:Yesterday, hile recuperating from my cold, I watched 2 movies........one was.......confusing as all hell, and if ANYONE watche it, and gets it, let me know......I was lost through it......Inherent Vice, was the confusing one.....
The GOOD movie I saw, was John Wick.action packed, great movie, one of the better movies I have recently seen.......

awesome soundtrack, too..........

and, a Manson song from the movie , this song I really liked

and another tune from it.........

John Wick
Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 7:47 pm

LOL..thats right........ bogart

memory troubles......... giggle
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 7:50 pm

entropy wrote:Jupiter Ascending has potential.

soon as it hits torrent, this is my next one to see........
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

a very good watch, and very unexpected

Post by tiny on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:15 am

I recently put on a movie, starring Steven Carell, called "Foxcatcher", even tho colbert has the lead, this is NOT a comedy, its a drama, its a TRUE story, and I found it a REALLY great movie.........
OK, without spoilering, a brief rundown.........

It is the true story of John Du Pont, and his attempt to take over the USA's Olympic wrestling team, by paying for the whole thing, etc., and hiring the coaches, paying and housing everyone, all, IMO, in a worthles attempt to make his mother see him as "something worthwhile"
This is the Du Pontes , the chemical, paint Co. family, wealthy beyond words, and .....imo.......Entitled to ANYTHING they wanted, and free to DO anything they wanted..........if you know this story, then you know how the movie ends, if you DON'T know the true story, don't research it, as it will ruin the movie..........Carell does a award worthy portrayal of Du Ponte, and I barely blinked, and that is through a drama..........so, I'll grab a trailer, and tell you..........check foxcatcher out, you wont be sorry............

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:26 am

Another movie I watched through my cold (LOL....its good I get ill , now and then, it makes me catch up on all the good movies........and BAD ones............

But, another good one I watched was called"The Worldmade straight". a story of families in aold mountaintown, where a civil war battle had played out, 2 families on each side, and the descandants now living, in this town, together............there are drug dealers, historians, journals kept from the civil war, and then, day to day life of the descendants, and the effect history had on them all..........really liked this one , too..........trailer coming........( I give this a 7.5 out of 10 )

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:31 am

Now, the 3 rd movie I watched ...it sukked a fat one, as more confusing than any movie I've recently seen, but for that reason, you actually may want to check it out.......titled " 88 ".........really freaky, lotta violence and nudity, but........just weird.........I give it a 3 out of 10..........trailer;

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 3:12 pm

Today I watched "The Imitation Game"...true story about breaking code during WWII (the enigma code)
If you watch, and it was good, so I advise you do, be sure to read the 'epilogues" of the real people, and how their lives went, post wartime........

I hit this movie as an 8 out of 10, and if you like historically based movies, with a little "oomph" put in, this is one you should like.........
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:08 pm

tiny wrote:Another movie I watched through my cold (LOL....its good I get ill , now and then, it makes me catch up on all the good movies........and BAD ones............

But, another good one I watched was called"The Worldmade straight". a story of families in aold mountaintown, where a civil war battle had played out, 2 families on each side, and the descandants now living, in this town, together............there are drug dealers, historians, journals kept from the civil war, and then, day to day life of the descendants, and the effect history had on them all..........really liked this one , too..........trailer coming........( I give this a 7.5 out of 10 )

Mmmmm....gonna have to check that one out .
Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:14 pm

Watched this one this past weekend......pretty good.

A walk among the tombstones Full movie
Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 5:19 pm

Two of my all time favorites......

" The Big Lebowski " Full movie

" Fargo " Full movie
Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 9:39 pm

Aces wrote:Watched this one this past weekend......pretty good.

A walk among the tombstones Full movie

LOL.yes, it was a good one, we called it"taken 3" as a joke, but now, we actually watched Taken 3.........its ok, like the others, basically.......

and Big lebowski was great.....Fargo was a masterpiece, imo

The series Fargo, on cable, first season was really funny, too........I think its on F X , starting the new season soon, too......
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Sat 14 Feb 2015, 5:10 pm

Tonight or tomorow, we gonna watch " American Sniper"....review soon to come...
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 4:14 pm

Since I was AGAIN sick, we did what we always do when sick........movies......

We watched American Sniper, and we both agreed, its a GOOD movie.......it really shows what our troops go through out there, AND back here, when they get home.........
I rated it a 7 out of 10, Arow says an 8, but we both totally became engrossed in his story, and the thought that an Iraqi insurgent, was his nemesis, one as good as Chris kyle, but not on our side, and it gave the story more depth..........trailer comin'

I imagine with the trial and all, we may have a sequel to this movie,.........
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 5:09 pm

We also watched the Timber, based in Alaska, during Alaskan god rush era..........it was a good movie, well shot, and historically accurate, .....cant say much more without spoilering, so, heres the trailer........if you get sick, and need a movie to watch, this one fits the bill..........

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 3:36 pm

Well, I just watched a small, indie movie, and for aslittle as I'd even heard of it, it was a funny, light hearted comedy, abut.....murder

Titled "lets Kill Wards Wife " dont wanna spoiler on it, but we cracked up through it.....very well worth the time,and the  stars are   all people I recognize, from sitcoms to movies.

trailer coming.........

giggle
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Sat 28 Feb 2015, 1:46 pm

Citizenfour......full movie at link....."Citizenfour is Edward Snowden"

Citizenfour
Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:00 pm

Aces wrote:Citizenfour......full movie at link....."Citizenfour is Edward Snowden"

Citizenfour

This, I'd like to see...........

Ok, I watched a  documentaryon discovery channel, called " A spy in the Pod"...a portion of a 2 hr Documentary about Dolphins, a look at them, that we have never been able to see before.........Robotic sea creatues were put in the Oceans to swim with the dolphins, and record some never before habits, and what they saw..............blew me away........

first, heres the COOL REALISTIC robotic critters in the show

a sea turtle. 2 small squid, a clam, that opened and released 2 robotic nautais' , also, a stingray, so realistic, if I hadnt been told it was a robot, I would have been fooled...........also a small dolphin, a puffer fish. Some of what I saw, I need to tell you, it was so unbelievable.........one thing that blew me away, was the dolphins grab poisonous pufferfish, by the tail, and PLAT a type of catch, with the puffed up puffer fish,.........UNTIL it gets so mad, it spurts out its poisonous nuero toxin, now.......get this..........the dolphins swarm to get this toxin, they LOVE THE BUZZ..........they were OBVIOSLY high, and how they behaved after, made it clear, they did that BECAYSE they WANTED to get high...the scientists said Dolphins are the only other mammels to persue recreational drug use, in such a way .

Another cool part....the squid........potato Codd love squid, and.......son of a bitch, if they didnt KILL and eat, the one robotic squid........ giggle

Now, theres a link I'll put in, shows the ani,als, the cool footage, and then theres a few You tube vids also..........

Its a John downer production, and I cannot wait to watch the "robotic Polar bear show, and penquin shows..........
links and vids to follow....grabbin them, BRB........

scroll on down this page, there is everything I talked about, and more, I doubt I even need the you tube vids, but some are averse to links, so fir them, a few vids.......

http://jdp.co.uk/programmes/dolphins-spy-in-the-pod

Here is the "getting high, but I don't think the game of catch, is in it...........

I LOVED spy turtle.later a female tries to mate with the robot!!

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Thu 12 Mar 2015, 7:00 pm

Dumb and dumber to....

Don't do it giggle

Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down