The Screening Room

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frank Zappa Interview (MTV - 1984)

Post by Chrys on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 2:54 pm

Zappa discusses music, marketing, and how music videos have compromised true artistry.  I really enjoyed this, thought I'd share.  

 cheers 

avatar
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 1732
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Page: How we wrote Stairway to Heaven

Post by Chrys on Fri 10 Oct 2014, 10:01 pm

I find this not only very cool, but somewhat touching, as well.  

Page on Stairway

_________________
"The sky is filled with good and bad that mortals never know."
~ Robert Plant

"Go then.  There are other worlds than these."
~Jake Chambers to Roland Deschain, The Gunslinger
avatar
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 1732
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Screening Room

Post by Chrys on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 1:26 am

I watched Snowpiercer today.  If you're into post-apocalyptic stories, this film is worthy of your time.



Last edited by Chrysalis on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 1732
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Aces on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 8:24 am

Chrysalis wrote:I watched Snowpiercer today.  If you're into post-apocalyptic stories, this film is worthy of your time.


Good movie , different but good cheers
avatar
Aces
Admin

Posts : 3940
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 58
Location : Midwest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Chrys on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 3:28 pm

Aces wrote:
Chrysalis wrote:I watched Snowpiercer today.  If you're into post-apocalyptic stories, this film is worthy of your time.


Good movie , different but good cheers

'tis my favorite genre. There were myriad metaphors in the film, albeit it a tad violent.

_________________
"The sky is filled with good and bad that mortals never know."
~ Robert Plant

"Go then.  There are other worlds than these."
~Jake Chambers to Roland Deschain, The Gunslinger
avatar
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 1732
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Chrys on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 7:57 pm

Stepford Wives, classic.

_________________
"The sky is filled with good and bad that mortals never know."
~ Robert Plant

"Go then.  There are other worlds than these."
~Jake Chambers to Roland Deschain, The Gunslinger
avatar
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 1732
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Chrys on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 7:36 pm

One of my favorite movies ever...from the mind and heart of Carl Sagan... flowers
Go full screen on this one...
http://watch32.com/movies-online/contact-1427

_________________
"The sky is filled with good and bad that mortals never know."
~ Robert Plant

"Go then.  There are other worlds than these."
~Jake Chambers to Roland Deschain, The Gunslinger
avatar
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 1732
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Chrys on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 8:45 pm

avatar
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 1732
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Aces on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 8:52 pm

cheers  2pop

avatar
Aces
Admin

Posts : 3940
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 58
Location : Midwest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Aces on Fri 31 Oct 2014, 3:59 pm



Last edited by Aces on Fri 31 Oct 2014, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Aces
Admin

Posts : 3940
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 58
Location : Midwest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Aces on Fri 31 Oct 2014, 4:52 pm

cheers

avatar
Aces
Admin

Posts : 3940
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 58
Location : Midwest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Aces on Fri 31 Oct 2014, 5:12 pm

drink giggle

avatar
Aces
Admin

Posts : 3940
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 58
Location : Midwest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Aces on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 8:15 pm

Love this movie....

http://watch32.com/movies-online/brotherhood-of-the-wolf-360106/episode-Full.html

Watch full screen of course cheers
avatar
Aces
Admin

Posts : 3940
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 58
Location : Midwest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by tiny on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:17 pm

This movie ranks as one of my all time favorites.......some may say its a sleeper, and snuck under the radar.......but I've watched it 4 times, since '04........and if you've never seen it........give this one a chance , you'll be happily surprised,.......

avatar
tiny

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2014-04-04
Age : 59
Location : right where I wanna be

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by tiny on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:20 pm

A couple more I really liked, from the late '90's here, this was a freaky ass movie.......

avatar
tiny

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2014-04-04
Age : 59
Location : right where I wanna be

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Aces on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:26 pm

tiny wrote:A couple more I really liked, from the late '90's here, this was a freaky ass movie.......

cheers

http://watch32.com/movies-online/dark-city-1998-833
avatar
Aces
Admin

Posts : 3940
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 58
Location : Midwest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by tiny on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:29 pm

Not only did this movie havbe one of the best songs ever in it, everyone knows, this movie, belongs in all top 10 great movie lists,....



My top 10 list may differ from many other peoples, because I don't like, and refuse to even watch things with realistic, and graphic violence, ie; Saw, and movies like that......anything with 'torture, or realistic disemboweling....Hell raisers, The ring.......that stuff I wont even attempt to watch. because I'd need 4 hands..one for each eye, and each ear.......see no evil, hear no evil...... tkem

As to a good "dramady ".......Nebraska has to rank up there......Stacy Keach was great in it, and just all the tribulations, along with the family dysfuntion, made it a really good movie........a nice one for a bored night, and no gore,

avatar
tiny

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2014-04-04
Age : 59
Location : right where I wanna be

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by tiny on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:33 pm

Heres the trailer for Nebraska.......Bruce Dern was awesome in this.......

avatar
tiny

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2014-04-04
Age : 59
Location : right where I wanna be

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by tiny on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:35 pm

Aces wrote:drink giggle


We saw this stoned, we laughed SO hard, the Theatre people had to shush us........my mother in law was even in on that one....... giggle

GREAT one for this thread........

OH........and don't forget Fargo........another classic !!!!!!!!!!
avatar
tiny

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2014-04-04
Age : 59
Location : right where I wanna be

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Aces on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:45 pm

tiny wrote:Heres the trailer for Nebraska.......Bruce Dern was awesome in this.......


http://watch32.com/movies-online/nebraska-6087

cheers
avatar
Aces
Admin

Posts : 3940
Join date : 2014-02-08
Age : 58
Location : Midwest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Chrys on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 11:24 pm

Chrysalis wrote:Thanks, I've been meaning to watch this.  

http://www.movie4k.to/Nebraska-watch-movie-5133853.html
avatar
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 1732
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by tiny on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 12:13 am

Chyrsalis, I guarentee you'll come back tomorow, with a good feeling, having watched Nebraska........and.......you have to wonder how many old timers got that letter, and thought the same thoughts,........remember when he finally arrives at his destination, and they say to him, "people are always coming in here, thinking that....."

I bet this really happens !!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the movie C....... hugs
avatar
tiny

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2014-04-04
Age : 59
Location : right where I wanna be

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Chrys on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 4:48 pm

tiny wrote:Chyrsalis, I guarentee you'll come back tomorow, with a good feeling, having watched Nebraska........and.......you have to wonder how many old timers got that letter, and thought the same thoughts,........remember when he finally arrives at his destination, and they say to him, "people are always coming in here, thinking that....."

I bet this really happens !!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the movie C....... hugs

Nebraska is by far one of the best films I have seen in a long time. What a treat!
avatar
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 1732
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by tiny on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 4:55 pm

Chrysalis wrote:
tiny wrote:Chyrsalis, I guarentee you'll come back tomorow, with a good feeling, having watched Nebraska........and.......you have to wonder how many old timers got that letter, and thought the same thoughts,........remember when he finally arrives at his destination, and they say to him, "people are always coming in here, thinking that....."

I bet this really happens !!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the movie C....... hugs

Nebraska is by far one of the best films I have seen in a long time.  What a treat!  

I'm REALLY glad you got to see, and enjoy this movie...... cheers
avatar
tiny

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2014-04-04
Age : 59
Location : right where I wanna be

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Chrys on Sun 02 Nov 2014, 5:00 pm

tiny wrote:
Chrysalis wrote:
tiny wrote:Chyrsalis, I guarentee you'll come back tomorow, with a good feeling, having watched Nebraska........and.......you have to wonder how many old timers got that letter, and thought the same thoughts,........remember when he finally arrives at his destination, and they say to him, "people are always coming in here, thinking that....."

I bet this really happens !!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the movie C....... hugs

Nebraska is by far one of the best films I have seen in a long time.  What a treat!  

I'm REALLY glad you got to see, and enjoy this movie...... cheers

Thanks, tiny...I'm not a huge movie watcher, something really needs to peak my interest. I love good a good story around interesting characters, which this film definitely was. Highly recommended! cheers
avatar
Chrys
Admin

Posts : 1732
Join date : 2014-02-08
Location : East SF Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Screening Room

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum