Music...any kind...let's go!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Music...any kind...let's go!

Post by Dr. Who on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 11:28 pm

Aces, I don't get any notifications any longer?
Dr. Who

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 2:10 am

Dr. Who wrote:Aces, I  don't get any notifications any longer?

What notifications are you speaking of ? I have no clue.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 2:31 am

This day in music.

1971, Five months after her death, Janis Joplin started a nine-week run at No.1 on the US album chart with her second and final solo studio album Pearl. Joplin sang on all tracks except 'Buried Alive in the Blues', which remained a Full Tilt Boogie instrumental because she died before adding her vocals.

Born on this day.

1948, Born on this day, Eddie Gray from Tommy James and the Shondells who had the 1966 US No.1 single 'Hanky Panky' and the 1968 UK No.1 single 'Mony Mony'.

1954, Born on this day, Neal Schon, guitarist from Journey who had the 1982 US No.2 single 'Open Arms'. Was also a member of Santana, who had the 1977 UK No.11 single 'She's Not There'.

1957, Born on this day, Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden who had the 1982 UK No.1 album The Number Of The Beast, and the 1991 UK No.1 single 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter'.

That's all folks giggle morecoffee

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 8:16 am

I used to get and E-mail when someone posted a song.
Dr. Who

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 11:39 am

Luck of the Draw Luck of the Draw
Hello Dr. Who,

You receive this e-mail because you are watching the topic, "Music...any kind...let's go!" at "Luck of the Draw". This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the newly posted replies, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://luckofthedraw.forumotion.com/t114p300-music-any-kind-let-s-go#12843

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" located at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://luckofthedraw.forumotion.com/t114-music-any-kind-let-s-go?unwatch=topic

--
Luck of the Draw

These notices, you don't get them?
Dr. Who

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 4:00 pm

Dr. Who wrote: Luck of the Draw Luck of the Draw
Hello Dr. Who,

You receive this e-mail because you are watching the topic, "Music...any kind...let's go!" at "Luck of the Draw". This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the newly posted replies, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://luckofthedraw.forumotion.com/t114p300-music-any-kind-let-s-go#12843

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" located at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://luckofthedraw.forumotion.com/t114-music-any-kind-let-s-go?unwatch=topic

--
Luck of the Draw

These notices, you don't get them?

No , I opted out of that in user preferences when setting up my account.

Only thing I can think of , have you recently changed your email to one other than the one you registered with ?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 2:23 am

This day in music.

1970, Simon and Garfunkel started a six week run at the top of the US singles chart with 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', also No.1 in the UK in March the same year.

1981, Country music star Eddie Rabbitt crossed over to the Pop chart to score a US No.1 hit with 'I Love a Rainy Night'. He had earlier written the Elvis Presley smash 'Kentucky Rain' before having a No.5 hit with 'Drivin' My Life Away'. Although it sounds like he made up a stage name, his real name is Edward Thomas Rabbitt.

1983, U2 released their third studio album War. Produced by Steve Lillywhite, the album has come to be regarded as U2's first overtly political album, in part because of songs like 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' and 'New Year's Day.' War became the band's first No.1 album in the UK (knocking Michael Jackson's Thriller from the top of the charts).

Born on this day.

1941, Born on this day, Marty Sanders, from Jay and the Americans, who had the 1969 US No.6 single 'This Magic Moment' plus nine other US Top 30 hits.

1943, Born on this day, Donnie Iris, guitarist with Wild Cherry who had the 1976 US No.1 & UK No.7 single 'Play That Funky Music'.

1957, Born on this day, Cindy Wilson, singer and founding member with American new wave rock band The B-52's who had the 1990 UK No.2 & US No.3 single 'Love Shack'.

1957, Born on this day, Ian Stanley, keyboards, with Tears For Fears who had the 1985 US No.1 & UK No.2 single 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World'.

1977, Born on this day, Jason Aldean, country music singer, who has scored six No.1 singles including a duet with Kelly Clarkson, and 'Dirt Road Anthem.'

More here cuppa

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:26 am

This day in music.

1975, The Eagles went to No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Best Of My Love', the first of five US No.1's for the band. The song was included on their 1974 album On the Border and was released as the third single from the album.

1980, Blondie were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Atomic' the group's third UK No.1 single from their album 'Eat To The Beat'.

2009, Kelly Clarkson went to No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'My Life Would Suck Without You'. US singer Clarkson won American Idol in 2000 and became the only American Idol contestant to have topped the UK charts.

Born on this day.

1942, Born on this day, Jerry Fisher, vocals, Blood Sweat & Tears, (1969 US No.12 & UK No.35 single 'You've Made Me So Very Happy').

1944, Born on this day, Roger Daltrey, vocals, The Who (1965 UK No.2 single My Generation plus over 20 other UK hit singles, 16 US Top 40 singles, rock opera albums Tommy and Quadrophenia). Solo, (1973 UK No.5 single 'Giving It All Away'). The Who are considered one of the most influential rock bands of the 20th century, selling over 100 million records worldwide.

1963, Born on this day, Rob Affuso, Skid Row, (1989 US No.4 & 1990 UK No.12 single '18 And Life').

1973, Born on this day, Ryan Peake, guitar, Nickelback, (2002 US No.1 & UK No. 4 single 'How To Remind You', 2001 US No.2 & 2002 UK No.2 album 'Silver Side Up').

More morecoffee

crickets

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:53 am

crickets

I was going to name myself Cricket when I joined here, but I thought that may be just a bit too cheeky.

...just something I remembered from the way back machine.

I always liked the name Cricket, my mom's best friend since high school is named Cricket.

...and I like the chirp sound...they are lucky, and musical and nutritious

10 Fascinating Facts About Crickets

https://www.thoughtco.com/fascinating-facts-about-crickets-4087788

cuppa

Lyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:56 am

Lyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 6:03 pm

Lyra wrote:crickets

I was going to name myself Cricket when I joined here, but I thought that may be just a bit too cheeky.

I always liked the name Cricket, my mom's best friend since high school is named Cricket.

cuppa

I don't think the name is cheeky at all......although it wouldn't fit the current AV giggle

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 6:04 pm

drink

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 6:19 pm

beer rockon

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 6:29 pm

drink cheersrock

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 10:09 pm

"Go then.  There are other worlds than these."
~Jake Chambers to Roland Deschain, The Gunslinger
Chrys
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 2:39 am

This day in music.

1961, The Everly Brothers had their third UK No.1 single with 'Walk Right Back' a song written by Sonny Curtis of The Crickets.

1963, The Four Seasons became the first group to have 3 consecutive No.1's in the US when 'Walk Like A man', started a three week run at the top, a No.12 in hit the UK.

1974, Terry Jacks started a three week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Seasons In The Sun', also No.1 in the UK.

1985, Wham! started a three week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Make It Big', which eventually went on the sell over 5 million copies in the US.

1997, Shania Twain released her third studio album Come On Over which became the best-selling country music album, by a female act. To date, the album has sold more than 40 million copies worldwide.

Born on this day.

1943, Born on this day, Lou Reed, Velvet Underground, (1968 'White Light, White Heat'), solo, (1973 UK No.10 & US No.16 single 'Walk On The Wildside', 1997 UK No.1 charity single 'Perfect Day'). Reed died on 27th Oct 2013 aged 71.

1949, Born on this day, Eddie Money, (former policeman Edward Mahoney), US singer, (1978 US No.11 single 'Baby Hold On').

1962 , Born on this day in Meridian, Mississippi, was Ty Herndon, country music singer who scored the 1995 US #1 hit single “What Mattered Most”. He later scored two other chat toppers: "Living in a Moment" and "It Must Be Love.

1962, Born on this day, Jon Bon Jovi, vocals, solo, (1990 UK No.13 single 'Blaze Of Glory'), Bon Jovi, (1987 US No.1 & UK No.4 single 'Livin' On A Prayer', 1986 US & UK No.1 album Slippery When Wet. plus nine other UK Top 10 albums).

Rock source
Country source cuppa

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyra on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 3:24 pm

Aces wrote:

cuppa

I don't think the name is cheeky at all......although it wouldn't fit the current AV giggle

No, I spose it wouldn't...unless ...Jimi-iny Cricket giggle

I realized several days ago that I spelled his name wrong ...Jimmy, when it is Jimi facepalm I had an intuition about it after I posted it, but lazy me didn't bother to check up on it until now. dgbp

No offense was meant by the mis-spelling, so I hope none was taken.

I feel like I should post a song

I love weird Al hide giggle

Lyra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 5:11 pm

Lyra wrote:
Aces wrote:

cuppa

No, I spose it wouldn't...unless ...Jimi-iny Cricket giggle

I realized several days ago that I spelled his name wrong ...Jimmy, when it is Jimi facepalm I had an intuition about it after I posted it, but lazy me didn't bother to check up on it until now. dgbp

No offense was meant by the mis-spelling, so I hope none was taken.

I feel like I should post a song

I love weird Al hide giggle

We'll let the misspelling slide this time , next time demerits will be assessed giggle

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 5:19 pm

drink

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 5:34 pm

beer cheersrock