The Asylum Repository

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Asylum Repository

Post by Chrys on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 7:40 pm

Yep. And me with my 110 gallons of emergency drinking water...at least it's something. Will be interesting to see how things play out. Without the runoff from the Sierras, it's not looking good.

Meanwhile, the CEO of Nestle is laughing all the way to the bank...

"Go then.  There are other worlds than these."
~Jake Chambers to Roland Deschain, The Gunslinger
Chrys
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 8:14 pm

My older sis is a wife of a marine x pilot as I blame him and her with the problems we have today. It's all about a pay check. She never heard about the NWO and what the CIA really stands for. CORPORATE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX. She has her second cancer after being free for a couple years. I told her she wouldn't be in condition for me to visit. First of June as her hair is falling out again with her chemo.

She wanted to change of chemo but her doctor said no.
Dr. Who

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 8:35 pm

Dr. Who wrote:My older sis is a wife of a marine x pilot as I blame him and her with the problems we have today. It's all about a pay check. She never heard about the NWO and what the CIA really stands for. CORPORATE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.  She has her second cancer after being free for a couple years.  I told her she wouldn't be in condition for me to visit. First of June as her hair is falling out again with her chemo.

She wanted to change of chemo but her doctor said no.

I understand where you're coming from, Doc. There are many different levels of knowledge and people involved in the nefarious operations taking place. Compartmentalization keeps alot of folks in the dark. They may be receiving good pay for their work and yet not be aware of their small part in the big picture. On the other hand, there are those who know exactly what they're doing and don't give a shit.

Sorry about your sis. My father, a WWII vet and all around awesome human being, passed a couple of years ago from cancer at the age of 88. The chemo was making him so sick he chose to stop and go out naturally. That's a tough thing.

Chrys
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 11:33 pm

April 2, 2015 By Kevin McCarthy 5 Comments

The current drought in California is devastating. The order from the governor should not only alarm Californians, but the entire nation should take notice that the most productive agriculture state in the country has entered uncharted territory. We have experienced extreme drought conditions in years past but thanks to the most sophisticated water system in the country that captured and stored water during the wet years for use during the dry years, our communities and farmers survived.‎ Unfortunately, state officials have turned their back on this proven infrastructure system.

The order is the culmination of failed federal and state policies that have exacerbated the current drought into a man-made water crisis. Sacramento and Washington have chosen to put the well-being of fish above the well-being of people by refusing to capture millions of acre-feet of water during wet years for use during dry years.

These policies imposed on us now, and during wet seasons of the past, are leaving our families, businesses, communities, and state high and dry. These rules and regulations must be changed.

My House colleagues and I have acted aggressively to enact legislation that would have helped protect us from the current situation. In 2011, and again in early 2014, the House passed comprehensive water legislation to increase the amount of water we could capture and store. Unfortunately, the Obama and Brown Administrations and Senators Boxer and Feinstein opposed these proposals. As the drought continued to worsen, the House passed emergency drought legislation in December of 2014 to allow us to capture storm and rainwater from early season storms. That too was blocked by the Senate.

I’m from the Central Valley and we know that we cannot conserve or ration our way out of this drought. It is time for action, and House Republicans are developing another legislative proposal to help put California water policy back on the path to commonsense. Given the announcement, this time I hope Governor Brown, Senator Boxer, and Senator Feinstein will join my colleagues and me in this effort.

http://www.capoliticalreview.com/top-stories/kevin-mccarthy-bipartisan-effort-needed-to-deal-with-drought/
Dr. Who

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who on Mon 06 Apr 2015, 4:36 pm

Chrys wrote:Thanks for posting this, Doc W!  I'll give it a look this weekend.  cheers

Told you they would remove that show. Hope you found the time to listen to it.

Found it again! cheers

Dr. Who

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Sat 11 Apr 2015, 6:30 pm

California delta's water mysteriously missing amid drought.

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — As California struggles with a devastating drought, huge amounts of water are mysteriously vanishing from the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta — and the prime suspects are farmers whose families have tilled fertile soil there for generations.

A state investigation was launched following complaints from two large agencies that supply water to arid farmland in the Central Valley and to millions of residents as far south as San Diego.

Less than 50%

myway.com
Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys on Sat 11 Apr 2015, 8:48 pm

Aces wrote:California delta's water mysteriously missing amid drought.

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — As California struggles with a devastating drought, huge amounts of water are mysteriously vanishing from the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta — and the prime suspects are farmers whose families have tilled fertile soil there for generations.

A state investigation was launched following complaints from two large agencies that supply water to arid farmland in the Central Valley and to millions of residents as far south as San Diego.

Less than 50%

myway.com

I have mixed feeling about this. On one hand, yes these farmers, many of whom are immigrants who make very little money, have a right to local water to irrigate their crops. On the other hand, these agricultural farms have been existing in areas that have been razed and built and irrigated for the purpose of profit, more than for the concept of sustainable living for those in the area. The entire central valley is currently nothing but but dried up farmland, when it could be used for so many other purposes that would benefit the locals.

One thing is certain: There will be a water crisis here in the Golden State, and it will come with a price.

Saw this today, pretty cool... cheers

Chrys
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who on Mon 13 Apr 2015, 11:20 pm

Last month, California newspaper The Desert Sun published an investigation revealing that Nestlé Water’s permit to transport water across the San Bernardino National Forest for bottling has been expired since 1988. On Friday, the California Forest Service announced it would make it “a priority” to reassess the permit, and that it might impose as-of-yet unspecified “interim conditions” on the bottling operation in light of the severe drought, The Desert Sun reports.

The fact that Nestlé has continued its massive water-bottling operation while the state struggles with crippling water shortages has become a sticking point for activists. A petition demanding Nestlé immediately stop bottling and profiting off California water has drawn 27,000 online signatures and counting, and last month activists reportedly blocked the entrances to Nestlé’s bottling plant in Sacramento.

Another investigation published last year by The Desert Sun found that after 2009, Nestlé Waters stopped submitting annual reports to local water districts about how much groundwater the company extracted for bottling. Since then, the local San Gorgonio Pass Water Agency has listed “a rounded estimate” in its own reports of 750 acre-feet, or 244 million gallons of water, extracted by Nestlé per year, according to the Sun. Reuters reports the company drew 50 million gallons from the Sacramento area alone last year.
Read More... https://lockerdome.com/6756451741997633/7585691177731348
Dr. Who

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today I learned......

Post by Aces on Fri 22 May 2015, 5:35 pm

Keep 'em separated....

Dexter Holland, the lead singer of the punk-rock band
The Offspring, has a lot of different interests. One of them is biology.

Before he became famous as the lead singer for the punk-rock band The Offspring in the mid-1990s, Dexter Holland was just another graduate student toiling away in a laboratory at the University of Southern California. One day, he pulled two five-liter Erlenmeyer flasks full of steaming hot LB broth out of the autoclave and put them in the safety hood to cool down. But the cooling process was taking forever. “They were right next to each other,” remembers Holland. “I thought, ‘These things are never going to cool off. I’ve got to keep ’em separated.’”

The phrase struck Holland. “I thought that was a funny line,” he recalls of what would become the signature hook for the band’s breakthrough hit, “Come Out and Play.” “It was literally a biology inspiration.”

asbmb.org

Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Fri 22 May 2015, 6:39 pm

That Carl Sagan believed ......

“Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.

Wait, What? Carl Sagan Was NOT an Atheist?

patheos.com
Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys on Fri 22 May 2015, 7:52 pm

Aces wrote:That Carl Sagan believed ......

“Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.

Wait, What? Carl Sagan Was NOT an Atheist?

patheos.com

I love that quote...it resonates with truth. The problem with the Science vs. Religion scenario it that people on both sides are immersed in their respective dogmas. When one is willing to extricate oneself from the business of belief, and view existence from a macroscopic rather than microscopic stance, that is when minds open, dialog begins, and the ability to reason is awakened.

Big picture...that's what it's all about.

flowers

Chrys
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Intelligent life...

Post by Chrys on Fri 22 May 2015, 10:45 pm

...please report for duty.

Holy crap, there is no place left for serious discussion of alternative views and theories without having to wade through threads and threads full of shit and or fluff.

I was hoping for the best for a forum that was once my home, but it is hopeless...like a vegan walking into a Burger King asking for food, I am left with an empty bag, and a wax-lined cup of water with a plastic lid and straw for which I must pay the full price of a "drink" aka "soda with so much bad in it you will get hooked on it and always want more".

God F'ng Bless Amerika

Chrys
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Sat 23 May 2015, 5:28 am

Chrys wrote:...please report for duty.

Holy crap, there is no place left for serious discussion of alternative views and theories without having to wade through threads and threads full of shit and or fluff.

I was hoping for the best for a forum that was once my home, but it is hopeless...like a vegan walking into a Burger King asking for food, I am left with an empty bag, and a wax-lined cup of water with a plastic lid and straw for which I must pay the full price of a "drink" aka "soda with so much bad in it you will get hooked on it and always want more".

God F'ng Bless Amerika

Reporting.......... giggle

Unfortunately all CT fora have gone "facebook" , nothing more than social sights . When you do find a place where discussion is at a premium , it has a small membership base and closes after a few months.

A certain forum that will remain nameless , used to have the most intelligent membership IMHO , is now sadly the most dumbed down . I actually find the stupid there quite painful and amusing.

So yeah , think I'll just hang out and post some tunes , and no longer engage the retards giggle
Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Sat 23 May 2015, 6:32 am

Mozart had a "startling fondness" for poop jokes, which is preserved in his surviving letters. giggle

Wiki

He enjoyed billiards and dancing, and kept pets: a canary, a starling, a dog, and a horse for recreational riding. He had a startling fondness for scatological humor, which is preserved in his surviving letters, notably those written to his cousin Maria Anna Thekla Mozart around 1777–1778, and in his correspondence with his sister and parents. Mozart also wrote scatological music, a series of canons that he sang with his friends.
Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Circling the toilet bowl...

Post by Chrys on Sat 23 May 2015, 4:46 pm

So I go to check LOP, only to find a pinned thread entitled, "Who's the toughest guy here?"

Really?

Pinned.

Ugh. I now confirm that I will never request for Chrysalis to be reinstated ever again.

Chrys
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Sat 23 May 2015, 5:02 pm

Chrys wrote:So I go to check LOP, only to find a pinned thread entitled, "Who's the toughest guy here?"

Really?

Pinned.

Ugh.  I now confirm that I will never request for Chrysalis to be reinstated ever again.

yep......can't really add anything here cheers
Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who on Sat 23 May 2015, 11:00 pm

Well way can't one post in the tunes section on a Saturday night? vape

Dr. Who

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys on Sun 24 May 2015, 11:51 am

Of course, Doc W! Just thought I could get into some good discussions again over there, but it doesn't seem to be worth the time to try and find one. Long live the music thread! cheer cheers

Chrys
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who on Sun 24 May 2015, 1:35 pm

Coast to coast was REALLY  good last night. Susan Lindauer had over two 1/2 hours talking the last 1/2 hour of three hours were smart phone callers. I fell asleep about the last half hour dam it was good! Bush didn't need to go to war! She didn't say who pushed it! I believe it was the CIA, CORPORATION INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX. Over Detroit!

Date: Saturday - May 23, 2015
Host: Richard Syrett
Guests: Susan Lindauer

Richard Syrett was joined by former Congressional staffer Susan Lindauer, who served as a US intelligence asset and back door channel on anti-terrorism from 1993 to 2003. She discussed what happened when she tried to disclose the true facts of a 9/11 warning and Iraqi pre-war intelligence to Congress and the nightmare of her arrest via the Patriot Act. According to Lindauer, awareness of an impending attack on the United States was widespread amongst the intelligence community in the months leading up to 9/11. As such, she was tasked with telling her contacts in the Iraqi government that the United States wanted any information they had about a potential attack or else "we will firebomb them back into the Stone Age." When they tried to cooperate, she said, the US government balked at the offer because, ultimately, it hoped to use Iraqi noncompliance as justification for a future conflict.

Lindauer also revealed how the Iraqi government attempted to work with the United States prior to the war in 2003. She claimed that Iraq was desperate to end the sanctions imposed on the nation and, therefore, they not only offered to allow extensive weapons inspections but also preferential treatment to American health care and automotive companies once trade with the country had resumed. Additionally, Lindauer said, a senior Iraqi official suggested that Hussein would retire from power and free elections would be held to choose the nation's next leader. Despite all of these concessions, she contended, the United States pushed ahead with a war because it wanted companies associated with senior administration officials to profits from the conflict and it would also allow George W. Bush to satisfy his own personal vendetta against Iraq and Saddam Hussein.

When Lindauer attempted to reveal all of this information to Congress, she was arrested under the auspices of the Patriot Act using secret charges and evidence. Refusing to plead guilty and demanding a trial, she was subsequently ordered to surrender to prison for a psychiatric evaluation. Suspiciously, this occurred at the same time that Colin Powell was giving media interviews where he blamed intelligence failures for misinformation which led to the Iraqi War. "I was being ordered to go to prison," she marveled, "so that I could not contradict the nonsense story he was inventing." Ultimately, after five years of battling the federal government, the charges against Lindauer were dismissed mere months before the start of the Obama administration. "If they could do this me, given how capable I am of fighting and beating them back," she warned, "then imagine what they could do to you."
Website(s):

extremeprejudiceusa.wordpress.com

Book(s):

Extreme Prejudice

We should be protesting in the streets! Dam the CIA!

I haven't looked for last nights show yet but C2C is putting the screws to youtube not wanting rebroadcast! They want their yearly charge.$$$$$$

Last edited by Dr. Who on Sun 24 May 2015, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Who

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who on Sun 24 May 2015, 1:43 pm

Did you hear the state of Washington is in a drought emergency also? I know Eastern Oregon is hard hit too. They don't have any snow storage so no run off.
Dr. Who

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Who on Sun 24 May 2015, 1:45 pm

Dr. Who

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys on Sun 24 May 2015, 5:28 pm

Dr. Who wrote:

Thank you. Going to watch now. cheers

I can't say I'm at all surprised. Pretty much anyone possessing a modicum of critical thinking skills would agree it was our own government. As time goes by, more and more people are speaking out.

Chrys
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Sun 24 May 2015, 5:59 pm

The only irony in the Alanis Morissette "ironic" , is that there is no examples of irony in the lyrics . giggle

isitironic.com

Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrys on Mon 25 May 2015, 5:11 pm

Dr. Who wrote:Did you hear the state of Washington is in a drought emergency also? I know Eastern Oregon is hard hit too. They don't have any snow storage so no run off.

Yep, I heard that Doc. The whole western U.S. is in for a tough time if things progress along this path.

Chrys
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aces on Thu 28 May 2015, 5:22 pm

Ten days before Freddie died, Jim Beach, the band's manager, met with him to discuss what could be done with his legacy. Freddie quipped, "You can do whatever you like with my image, my music, remix it, re-release it, whatever "just never make me boring".

Freddie Mercury.com

Aces
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top